- The Queen Charlotte Track crosses private land and scenic reserve maintained by DOC.
- A small environmental protection levy applies to all those using the track. QCT Tribute tickets can be purchased from the Picton Town Wharf prior to departure. Cost $5.00 (No longer applies).
- Plenty of toilet facilities are available along the track – PLEASE USE THEM.
- Water is available along the track at the locations marked on the map. Additional water / sports drinks /nutrition will need to be arranged by your support crew.
- NO RUBBISH FACILITIES ARE AVAILABLE ON THE TRACK. YOU MUST TAKE OUT WHAT YOU TAKE IN.
- Wasps are common in late summer and Autumn. It is advisable to carry insect repellent and anti-histamines, if you are allergic to wasps and other insects.
- On race day the track will also be used by other walkers and bikers. So be careful.
Queen Charlotte Track Tribute. Important steps have been taken to protect the future of the Queen Charlotte Track to ensure it will always be a place of rare nature beauty and freedom. The track only exists as a valuable resource to enjoy and a vital part of the Marlborough economy thanks to the goodwill of the many landowners who allow walkers and bikers and (hopefully the occasional bunch of runners) to cross their property. Please respect that gesture.